Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Singapore Vs Malaysia - 2nd Leg Semi Final

27th January 2007

Bright and early my baby princess went for her dance practice. I didn’t have to worry about work as I took the day off. So I did all the chores. Jazzmann is a stickler for punctuality had to call me several times just to make sure that I WILL BE ON TIME!! I didn’t have to cook that day cause we’ll be eating BBQ food at the SMRT HQ.





Got dressed in FULL REGALIA and took a cab down to SMRT HQ. I recognized some of them from the players that normally play friendly matches for SMRT football. It was nice to mingle with the SMRT staff and their wives or GF’s OUTSIDE the office rather than IN the office.




By 5pm everyone packed up the things and went off while Jazzmann and I sat outside on the bench waiting patiently for Ana and friend. We sat and chatted it was nice. Hhhhmmmm its been awhile. So we took THAT same cab to the stadium! Damn the jam. … But that is to be expected. So we walked half of the way.

WoW!! It was the match of a lifetime!! There was a sea of reds and white shirts. I enjoyed every moment of it. What with all the excitement! We had the corner seats. We were luck as the penalty was taken on our side.


Football: Singapore beat Malaysia in Asean semi-final thrillerPosted: 28 January 2007 0301 hrs


The Singapore football team celebrates




SINGAPORE - Singapore are through to the final of the Asean Football Championship, defeating arch-rivals Malaysia 5-4 on penalties in Saturday's thrilling encounter.





Defending champions Singapore were locked 1-1 against Malaysia after regulation time, forcing their semi-final match into extra time in front of a 55,000 capacity crowd at the National Stadium here. Neither side scored after a tough 30-minute battle, prompting a penalty shootout. Singapore finally emerged victors after keeper Lionel Lewis saved Malaysia's fifth shot from Khyril Zambri, sending the crowd into wild celebrations. It was an agonising end for Malaysia who started the match in scintillating form, with Eddy Helmi Manan unleashing a powerful shot in the 57th minute that slipped past the Singapore keeper.





Muhammad Ridhuan equalised for Singapore in the 74th minute, tapping the ball into the net after the Malaysian keeper dropped Noh Alam Shah's header. Singapore drew 1-1 against Malaysia in the first leg of the semi-finals in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday. The city-state play the winner of Sunday's Thailand-Vietnam clash in the final. Regional powerhouse Thailand beat Vietnam 2-0 in their first semi-final encounter, with Vietnam desperate for revenge on Sunday. Singapore coach Radojko Avramovic had issued a rallying cry to Singapore fans to turn out for the match after disappointing crowds earlier in the tournament.

No comments: