Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Country profile: The Gambia

Being in refuge and NOT in your own backyard survival is close to impossible always depending on the kindness of human who have nothing to do with his life. Yet, there IS love and humanity. Its quite amazing that such thing still exists in a place such as Africa.

Hence, people .... never judge a person by the cover. Always treat others the way you want others to treat for you will never know when your life will fall in the hands of total strangers.

On the run seeking help. Finally ..... the journey will soon end HOPEFULLY sooner than expected.

From Ivory Coast its a two hour plane ride into Gambia. God answered our prayers and the letter from the top brass .... Insha Allah will hold some weight. Anxiety still hangs in the air as the days draw closer to D Day. Can only keep my fingers cross and go on life working and going through the motion of life.

But there is never in my waking moment that YOU are not far from my thoughts.

The Gambia is one of Africa's smallest countries and unlike many of its West African neighbours it has enjoyed long spells of stability since independence.

This stability has not translated into prosperity. Despite the presence of the Gambia river, which runs through the middle of the country, only one-sixth of the land is arable and poor soil quality has led to the predominance of one crop - peanuts.

No comments: