Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

XinJiang by Batgal

hello there family,
 
today is our 3rd day in xin jiang. the furthest west of  china and  the furthest place away from any sea coast.  So far this is the most interesting in all the places I have visited in China.
 
There is so much diversity here...people, geography, history etc.. The last two days we have been in the desert looking at the ancient towns, ruins,...that were all part of the Silk Road.  It is an amazing place.  Life here is still pretty much like going into a time machine!!!!  There are still donkey carts, market places fill the air with the frenzy of trade...I can imagine that this was how it was all done centuries ago...aside from the odd mobile phone ringing!!!
 
On our first day at our very first meal, we were served by a waiter with the same name as aruah tok...his name was Burhan. He doesn't look like Han Chinese...more like Pakistani..very fair with dark hair.
 
Everything is so non-Chinese, the people,food....even the road signs are in the Uzbek language(arabic like) and then followed by chinese script.  some of them don't even speak mandarin!
 
I have no problems with food here.,..as mostly the food here are muslim food . very yummy & rich.
 
I loved what we have done over the last 3 days,...in the desert.  the geography is amazing.  one one side is vast amounts of deserts, and the other side is all green with vegetation especially grape vines.
 
the next few days we are going up to the mountain...Tian Shan.  By the end of this week ( about the 11 or 12 Aug) , we will fly to Kasghar nearer Pakistan.  I will spend all my time there until I return to Shanghai on the 21 August.
 
I will try and keep in touch via email as often as I can.
 
I hope all is well. Please pass this message to both mum and dad.
 
Thinking of you...
 
love
wati


Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today.

No comments: