Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Friday, May 04, 2007

My Belief

  Some of you have asked me this.  Through our conversation in the hope that you would understand ....... AND I hope this will enlighten you more  :)

My Belief

Islam and the other "Religions of the Scriptures".


"Islam" means "surrender to the will of God".  The holy scriptures of Islam, the Koran, are believed to originate from a divine inspiration, transmitted to the Prophet Mohammed by the Angel "Gibril" - often identified with Archangel Gabriel.

The Prophet is seen as sent for the "time in between" (sura 5, 19). The Quran distinguishes between "Believers", "people of the Scriptures", and "Non-Believers".

The "people of the Scriptures" are, besides the Muslims, especially Jews and Christians, whose beliefs are based on the same traditions; sometimes also the Zoroastrians (Parsees; sura 22, 17). T

The Quran accepts the chain of the "Prophets", who all teach the One God, the Hereafter and the prayer for their peoples or for their time (e.g. sura 6.83-92; sura 7). "Allah" as the Islamic name of God has the same origin as the name "Elohim", one of God's names in the books of Moses (in Hebrew). Insofar as people of these religions believe in these mutual basics, the Quran itself does not name them Non-Believers (e.g. sura 5, 48).

No comments: