Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Village Wedding Holiday - 30/11/07 till 02/12/07

It was a Thursday and I was from my mum's house. I packed what I needed and left for BR. Once there ..... I repacked everything in a knapsack as it was always my style - either alone or with the Princess. So I used the pack that I have been using for the past three years on every chalet occasion with the Princess.

We would always have our clothes packed together. The Princess was out with Hottie so i just put aside what I needed and waited till she got back. Hottie sent her home lingered awhile till it was almost before the last transport depart.

As always .... Chomelanggun fuss about which appropriate clothes to bring for the Princess and myself. She packed which is not the way that I would pack. Words were exchanged.

Chomelanggun - all Princess's clothes at the bottom whilst mine was at the top of the pack.
MY way - I would packed them according to the occasion and day. This way both would be even. If its for the latter than to get to the Princess's items .... ALL of my stuff got to be taken out.

So I repacked them the way I always do for the two of us. Toiletaries, medication, charges and other odds and ends. So Princess had a free had ... almost. Till we got to Larkin the first pit stop before continueing to Asahan, Malacca. Chomelanggun bought snacks like there was no tomorrow!!

We had to wait for two hours at Larkin as the next available bus was at about 16:30hrs!! We had lunch at Mc Donalds and was comparing prices. Notice that prices there were higher than back home. This would only mean that people who eat at Mc Donalds are people are with above average income!!

The NO SMOKING signs were totally ignored!! People still smoke ANYWHERE!! So I just followed suit. I guess when in Rome .... do what the Romans do.

Once back on the bus we each occupied our time listening to music, or .... watching LOTR from my phone video. I guess Chomelanggun took in what scenery she could captured and soon fell off too sleep as did the Princess and me.

By the time we got to our destination Chomelanggun tried calling her bro that was going to pick us up. So we hung around at a stall and had something to drink. It was not long before one of her relatives came to pick us up. It was close to an hour before we reach our final destination.

We all said our "Hellos", they introduce me to them ..... in which I cannot remember half their names!! But it doesn't quite matter. MOst of them know me as the famous "Nariman" that could not speak much Malay. Ha ha. Ok, I'm improving in that area!!

The Princess and I showered as well as escaping to have a puff. There wasn't much that we could help so I just took in the sights and smell of the whole hustle and bustle .... night before the wedding.

Relatives that came to help slept anywhere and everywhere they could find a place. Princess and I slept in the room she use to occupy with her cuz Wani ..... once upon a time. We used a duve to sleep on the floor. I was thankful that the house had plenty pillows. Once the two of us found a comfortable sport .... we laid our heads and soon fell asleep on the hard floor.

The wedding went well enough and soon it was all over even before 16:00hrs!! Wow!! Its soooooooo unlike back home. The time crawled it was like taking forever just for the hand to move to the next minute!! All our pre paid cards for our phones were ALL GONE, even after the second topped up!! *Sigh*

After the wedding Chomellanggun showed me around the village and went to one of her other relative's house. Its a real attap house and most of it are all still wooden. It brought back memories of when I was a child and spending my school holidays at Pasir Panjang ... where my great grandmother use to live. It was a great experience.

The morning after ......... missed the morning train. ALL train tickets were sold out and so were the bus tickets. Her bro called up the bus station and reserved three tickets and he drove like even lives didn't matter that much. That was how fast he drove!! But he was an expert.

Got to the bus station just in the nick of time!! Wow!!

So we all manage to go home as planned! The minute I got back settled all our clothings and went straight back to my mum's.

No comments: