Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Learning from the Young Uns


Gosh!! Its been ages since I've babysat. Luisi got up early to cook for us. I was glad that Zack had already warmed up to me .... AND HE CALLED MY NAME!! Isn't that fantastic!!

So the day after went quite well. No cry and no qualms from the little Zack. Picked up Sara at 1pm and got home. Being quite independent. She showered and I just had to oversee that her home work is done. Chinese, English and to practice her piano. .... than she is free to do what she wants.

His favourite breakfast ...... sandwich loaded with Peanutbutter!! Was good that he manage to drink Strawberry milk since he doesn't like milk AT ALL. Wow!!

Playing with Zack bring back loads of memories of childhood gone by. Its not just "Ok, you go play as long as nothing happens." Its playing with him that I enjoy most. Interacting with the game and toys that he plays. Singing along with him to his favourite tunes.

Dinosaurs, knights, animals, tools and trains .... are his fave! Playing host to his dinosaurs are what he like best. After awhile I got to know his routine. Bedtime stories - NEVER FAIL. As for Sara too.

My mum sometimes feel that I am neglecting her; even though we are in the same house! She forgets that babysitting is fulltime and my eyes on the kids are constant as kids move very fast. Quicker than I am at most times. Hence, I have to be vigilant ..... almost all the time.

Supervising in Sara's homework is somthing I also enjoy. Chatting up with her about school, her friends. her thoughts and ideas. I think having newspapers are good .... I found out that she would read some of the headlines from the Newspapers and my mum would tell her what the news was all about. The hard words which I think is difficult for her to say - she tries her best to say it!! Boy, she's gooood!!

Today went to Cold Storage with Sara after picking her up. Gosh!! You know how I love cheese. We went to the cheese section. I told her that if I have the money I will buy all those cheese. ..... Her reply was. "Than you will have finish all your money. You should save your money for a rainy day. I want to make my piggy bank full, so I can save it for a rainy day." How wise she is. A six year old telling her auntie that!!

Its been 12 days and the kids never tire me out. ... well .... you know what I mean right.

A six year old advice on forbidden words - Words we take for granted and use them without thinking:


lah - its a rubbish word

I Don't Care - rude because sometimes when we get angry we let words fly without meaning them

Oh my God - rude because it might offend some people. We should use Gosh or Goodness

AND IF SHE knows that you are not practicing what you preach .... hypocrite is what she would call you.

This babysitting stint really make me see things clearer and sometimes I guess we need to look at thing from a kid's point of view. But she's also smart to give excuses when she doesn't want to do somethings. .... that's pretty normal.

No comments: