Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Shop, shop and Shop!! by Apple Blossom

Come to think of it.. I feel its only yesterday that I was in Medan, when actually 3 months had passed by..

I went there on December 11, 2006 and now exactly 3 mths after that, I will be travelling to Padang.. If u are wondering why i keep going to that side of the world, its because the places there have so many things that you can find cheap!

yes, its so cheap to buy for example, materials to make your dresses or gowns, handycrafts, arts, food and cakes.. yummy yummy...i love cakes..and they have this traditional cake called Kek Lapis..they are very very tasteful..

I was in Medan with my NGO friends, umi, bada and noya.. only 4 of us. And we had a hell of a good time there. We shopped and shopped..with hundreds of thousand of rupiahs.. hah..ha..ha.. yes..i became an instant millionaire while i was there..and believe me, anyone would have
experienced what i was experiencing in terms of mathematics..

When you are handling rupiahs there, all your sense of mathematics gone... its because you will feel that you are handling a lot of money.. even 1000 rupiah seems a lot. But i was shocked when the street boys whom I tried to give the 1000 Rp, they turned it down.. I thought it was so big..but soon i realized its only worth 25sen here in KL. No wonder...

But that did not stop me from spending in Medan till my last rupiah. And upon my return to KL, my purse was empty but I had a great time travelling to Medan which was my second trip there.

I hope to visit Medan again not too long from now.

No comments: