Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Heart to Heart Day

Heart To Heart Day [Feb 14]

Megan and I wanted a little adventure so we decided to go to a speed dating place--and boy, it was weird! Most people whizzed past me because they were mundane and generic. Questions like "What's your sign? Do you have pets? Do you have children?" et cetera, et cetera... were asked almost on every round. I mean who would really pour their heart out to total complete strangers in the span of five minutes, right? I kept checking on Megan and she kept her eye contact with me. We were motioning each other and wondering "What did we land ourselves into now?"

Then there was this woman. She was really pretty. I mean she had the right height, great hair, nice eyes--the works, you know. But when she opened her mouth, everything came out. I learned more about her life history than I ever really wanted to know. She literally poured out everything she discusses with her therapist in five minutes flat! Did someone forget to send me the email on the fact that people are speed dating to skip therapy?

For the ladies out there, let me give you a piece of advice--don't pour your heart out on a first date! Give the poor guy a break. I was on the receiving end of whatever bottled up stuff she was working on, and well, it was very, very uncomfortable! She started crying and telling me about how it's so hard to find a decent man these days... I mean, I promise you--that was the longest five minutes of my life! And I do want them back.

Don't lose hope on me just yet, because as soon as I came out the door, I saw the hostess that was running the tables. She thought I had a funny reaction to people I met that night. So I struck up a conversation and asked her out. You think she can do better?

  Send Heart To Heart Day ecards! free!




Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.

No comments: