Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Music Inspires

I have been listening to a lot of music in the last week, as a way of clearing my mind, and helping focus some ideas that are simmering below the surface. As I was typing and updating my blog.... as usual I had the telly on in the background and they were showing Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942).  Gosh it brought back plenty good memories..... the sense of patriotism.  The movie gives you a sense of awe and lets you have goose bumps all over.  Best part of it ... I ain't no Yank.

Right after that movie I had to take all my memories from Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.  A story about the French Revolution.  It give you the same sense.  I can't believe I can be emotional about just simple patriotic songs.  For this day I had to put up three of the top songs from that musical on my blog!!  For Les Miserables  I read the book  - the original unabridged version about a million times ... and cried EVERY single time!  *sighs*  I sooo love history.

Miss Saigon, Evita is another one of Andrew Llyod Webber's musical that is base on history too.

I soooooooooo miss watching musical!  I loved EVERY one of them.

It was nice talking to Dickson about playing strategies for Scrabble.  For a 12 year old you are very good dear.  Heee heee.  I am also missing Princess badly.

So this whole day ....... its been NOTHING but Yankee Doodle Dandy and Les Miserables.  Ok ... I will try and sleep early tonight.  its 12am now.  I'll sleep after watching history on Baghdad.  Ok earlier if I can't keep my eyes open.   


Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.

No comments: