Profile: Nariman a.k.a Putri

Wherever the wind blows :), Singapore
I'm a Jack of all Trades. But a Master of None. However, my primary passion is in Teaching. I'm very expressive with my emotions .... hence ... I'm no good in a poker game :) Love all the romanticism that life can offer. Love my family, my one and ONLY. Last but not least my surrogate family my baby Princess and Chomelanggun.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Off The Piste

Just to let you know that Simon and I are off the piste.  Our last day was yesterday..we were the last to leave the ski slopes.
 
Am pleased to say that our skiing has improved.  We started the first 2 days on the easy slope practicing the basics again , getting the hang of the skis and slopes again since dec 2006.
 
Then on the 3rd day we went to the super hard one...i fell on my butt a few times...it was quite tiring.  thank goodness for good ski trousers....this helps!!
 
Then we kept practicing on this till we were confident...and pretty much skied all day long from after breakfast till sun set...with one hour lunch break.
 
Jilin's weather was surprisingly pleasant at -20 deg C!!!  The sun was shining all day long and no winds.  Except on our last day , the wind came and it was a little bit colder.  But with us moving around alot on the skis we work out quite a sweat.
 
Today we are in Changchun,....and it is really windy in the city.  We went to see the Puppet Palace of the Last Emperor...pretty amazing place....can't think how spineless that Emperor was.
 
We leave for Shanghai tomorrow afternoon.  And should arrive in Shanghai by 9pm.  Simon returns to work the next day, and I the following day.  The storm that hit the south east is pretty much back to normal.  My friends who come from the worst hit areas of Hunan say that things are back to normal and they all have power. 
 
Dad, I know you worry but please try and rest assured that your daughter is sensible and do not travel to areas where conditions are life threatening.  Thankfully, Shanghai is pretty equiped to handle situations like these unlike some of the other smaller less developed cities.
 
Ok. this is my news for now.  Hope you all had a Happy Mouse Year!!!  I know I have had my fair share of fire works and crackers!!!
 
Gong Xi Fa Cai!!
 
Love
wati n simon


Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

No comments: